Tuesday, December 26, 2006

All dressed up, ready for work

Lately I’ve been sleeping through my alarm in the morning. I have it set to go off to a local radio morning show, Sarah and No Name. You wouldn’t believe the strange dreams I have from listening to them subconsciously while I am still slumbering. Those are some fucking odd ass dreams, let me tell you. But anyway, moving a long. I eventually end up waking up, with plenty of time to get my ass out of bed and get to work on time.

Only this is not how any of my mornings have been going for the past few months. I’m now usually anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes late. I lay in bed listening to Sarah and No Name talking about whatever random shit happens to be on their minds that morning, or to which ever guest they have on and falling back asleep. Yeah, I know. I’m a fucking lazy bitch in the morning. I’m a night person, if you couldn’t tell just now. Getting up in the morning is a chore for me that usually involves the hitting of the snooze button, several times, if I actually wake up with the alarm going off.

This morning was no different, only without the odd Sarah & No Name dream. I think I finally got my ass out of bed at 8:30. I’m supposed to be at work by 9. Well, actually by 7, but as long as I get there by 9 I can still put my 8 hours in for the day. Whatever. Keep your comments to yourself. If you could get away with it, you’d do the same thing!

So it’s a sure bet that I’m going to be late this morning, but that doesn’t make me get up any faster. I just remembered that my boss is out of the office and will not be back until after the New Year. I do eventually get my ass in the shower, clothed, and then off to work. After a pit stop at Starbucks for 2 iced vente quad soy carmel macchiato’s. I was going to need all the help I could get today.

I finally pulled into work about 9:30.

But something looks a little off. There’s only one fucking car in the whole parking lot! The CFO’s car.

What the…???

I even drive to the back parking lot where all the production people park.

No cars.

Oh you have got to be fucking kidding me!

Fancy that, eh. Today was a holiday because of Christmas being on Monday. And I had no fucking clue!

Yeah...'Cause I'm special like that!

Well, since I was up and out of the house, I might as well go and run them errands that I was too lazy to do over the weekend. So I headed to Wal-Mart and picked up all the things I needed. Then I came home and finally balanced my checkbook (I had a month of receipts in my wallet) and paid some of my bills that needed immediate attention. I liked it better when my checkbook looked like I had thousands of dollars, but whatever. Such an eventful day!

So that was how my day started today, and since I ran across a survey called The Soundtrack To Your Life, I figured what the hell! I might as well fill it out and see just what my life’s soundtrack would sound like. It works like this: You put your iPod, iTunes, WinAmp, or whatever mp3 player you use on your computer to shuffle, random, or whatever your setting is…filling out the list from top to bottom. Fill out the first one, hit next on your player filling in the next song, and so on, without skipping over any songs! You might get a song that you’re like, “How in the hell did that song get on there?!” Tough, list it!


Opening Credits:
Naked Eye – Luscious Jackson


Waking Up:
Hungry – Dave Navarro
(Usually I wake up having to piss like a racehorse.)


Average Day:
I Ran (So Far Away) – Flock of Seagulls
(And when it turns on you, run!)


First Kiss:
Lips Like Sugar - Echo & the Bunnymen
(
You know it, baby! I've got sugar kisses!)

First Date:
No Fear – The Rasmus
(Cause I’m fearless like that!)


Falling In Love:
When I’m With You – Sheriff
(LMAO, see I told ya, I’ve got some random ass shit on my iPod)


Fight Scene:
The Trance Is The Motion – Static-X


Breaking Up:
Down With The Clown – Insane Clown Posse
(Funny, this band is one of my ex’s favorite bands.)


Getting Back Together:
Hand of Death (Burn Baby Burn) – Rob Zombie
(I don't thing getting back together was such a good idea...)

Secret Love:
Sona – Dreamcatcher
(another random ass song, but fitting atually)


Life’s Okay:
Shaky Puddin’ – Soledad Brothers
(LOL, right on!)


Mental Breakdown:
Knives – Fuel
(Hide the cutlery!)


Driving Scene:
Mr. Crowley - Ozzy
(I'm on my way to talk to the dead.)

Lesson Learned:
Psycho – System Of A Down
(interesting…I wonder what they are trying to tell me…lol)


Deep Thought:
The Happiest Days of Our Lives – Pink Floyd
(well, I always had the deepest thoughts when I was stoned.)


Flashback:
King Nothing – Metallica
(Pretty much my life so far…)


Partying With Friends:
Revenge – System Of A Down
(Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.)


Running into an Old Flame:
Numb - Drowning Pool

Happy Dance:
Therapy – Ozzy
(Wow, this a different kind of song for The Ozman. Kinda funky, but it works!)


Regretting:
This Is The Day – The The
(How fitting.)


Long Night Alone:
I Drove All Night [Hex Hector Remix] – Celine Dion
(I drove all night to get to you…)


Death Scene:
Working Class Hero – Ozzy
(No meaning of the word retirement for me.)


Closing Credits:
Come Alive – Criss Angel
(Apparently it was all just an illusion…)



What's your soundtrack?

No comments: