Sunday, December 17, 2006

Ghost of Angel's


A year ago today a fire took the lives of four children and an adult. My friend, Erin, two cousin's, Christa (8) and Mikayla (6), were among the casualties of that tragic mid-December fire that seriously injured their father, Arthur Foster Jr., and claimed the lives of his second wife, Kimberly Stoltz-Foster, and her own young children, Brett and Tory Stoltz.

During the summer of this year, Barre Town, Vermont redeveloped and dedicated a park in the girl's name. While I was in Barre last month E took me to see the park. One of my assignments that I had was to capture the illusion of motion. An easy task, but one for me that was becoming difficult.

Everytime I'd go to develop the roll with this assignment on it, something would make me completely fuck up the process and I'd end up with nothing on the roll. This happened not only once, but twice!

By the time I went to Vermont, this assignment was already about 5-6 weeks past due. It was while Erin and I were at Christa & Mikayla's park that I was finally able to capture this assignment.

Erin was swinging on the swing while I was busy taken pictures of other parts of the park. It was when I finally turned around and saw her swinging that I finally saw my illusion of motion that I was supposed to capture...Erin swinging on the swing in the park that was dedicated in her cousin's name.

This picture is dedicated to Christa & Mikayla.

No comments: