Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I shouldn't have gotten out of bed!

This morning I go out to warm up my brother’s piece of shit ghetto car. It won’t start. It was so cold during the night that it drained the fucking battery. Just great.

So, I call my uncle up, but before I can get a word out he tells me he was going to call me this morning. Good news: he found out what was wrong with my car. The bad news: he can’t fix it; I’ll have to take it to the VW dealership. (I’ve been trying to do that for the past MONTH! But “Oh, no! I can fix it.” Since June of 2006 wouldn’t let me!) “Oh. Okay. Great.” I tell him, “Because now I can’t start my brother’s piece of shit!” He tells me I’ll be right over to jump you.

While I’m waiting for him to come over I call into work, again (I called in sick yesterday) and tell them I’m having car troubles and that I might not make it in today. Then I find the phone number for the VW dealership in Hayward; make an appointment to have my car dropped off today, via tow truck.

Finally my uncle shows up and jumps me and gets the ghetto-mobile started. I head to the gas station (leaving the car running) and put in some petrol. Head over to my Grammy’s where my car has been busy being lawn art, and call AAA to come and tow me (yep, car is still left on, running). Tow truck came within 10-15 minutes, YES! Got the bitch all hooked up and on her way to the dealership.

After finally leaving the dealership I head to Starbucks. I have yet to have my morning coffee. I get a call from my uncle though, asking me if I’m missing any keys.

“No.”

“Then whose keys are these in the door?”

“Shit! Mine.”

“Where are you now?”

“Heading to work.”

“Okay, I’m headed into Hayward this morning. I’ll drop them off to you there.”

“Okay, thanks.”


Oh, and about 4 hours ago my meds wore off and I’m feel like fucking SHIT! I forgot to throw some meds in my purse when I left this morning.

That conversation above? That was at about 9:30 this morning. It’s now after 5 o’clock and I’m still waiting for my uncle to drop off my keys.

Hell, I didn’t even plan on coming into work today. I just kinda ended up here.

No comments: