Monday, October 08, 2007

Same Time Next Year

It's been quite awhile since I posted last. Not that there has been a whole lot to post about. Been busy with work, photography work on the weekends, and now with the Fall semester under way, my photography class. Needless to say I've been very busy.

I still have no love life. Surprise! It's not from lack of wanting something, anything... It's more like all the men are either married or just your typical man who likes to talk a good game, but can't step up to the plate long enough to shut his trap and stop talking about what he says he's going to do instead of just doing it. Men like these I have no patience for and just irritate the fuck out of me. Like speed bumps they put in the middle of the road to slow you down. Just get the fuck out of my way! I've got no time for you. I just keep on going like they were never even there.

The past two months I was busy with youth sports photography. Managed to mack close to $700 during the soccer league season. That money will definitely come in handy. I was going to put all that money towards the digital DSLR I'm eventually going to buy, but it looks like I need to get new tires for my car. I already dumped about $2,000 into the bitch just at the end of August. Money that was meant for my digital camera. It was a sad, sad day for me when I had to put it all into my car. But as luck would have it, Nikon announced that they are releasing the D300 just in time for Christmas. I was planning on buying the D200, so it worked out perfect. Well, not entirely perfect. It's just going to take a little longer. I will still have to come up with all the money still, but at least I will have the new and improved upon version of the D200.

With that said, looks like I'll be dumping another $330 for much needed tires. I think I broke a belt in my front right tire over the weekend. My front end is shimmy and shaking more than normal, just like the last time I busted a belt. Only I never got a front end alignment so my front did a little shimmy shaking. At this rate, it may take me until next November until I'll be able to afford my camera.

Specially since I leave for my annual New England vacation next Friday. Looks like I'm going to be a little bit lighter on money for my trip too. That sucks ass. But, what can you do? Bitching and moaning isn't going to make any difference. I'm just happy to be getting away for a little while. One thing I noticed. My vacation always ends a day or two after daylight savings time. I know we set the clocks back an hour, so in all actuality we are gaining hour. But damn if it doesn't always mess me up when I'm home. It's bad enough that by the time my vacation is ending I'm finally on East coast time, I sure don't need that extra hour added on messing with me when I'm finally home. I'm looking forward to the New England colors and weather though. I can't wait! 11 days and counting...

No comments: