Thursday, October 06, 2005

The aftermath...

Today I was cursed with another headache. The amazing thing was, I was actually able to get some work done today. I've been uprooted from my quiet office of just one office mate and into the wing of our building, while the construction company is remodeling the second floor of the main building. My new home for the next few weeks is in an office that is filled with cubicles and about 10 people. Which ment a trip to best buy yesterday afternoon to buy some head phones so I can listen to my music without disturbing anyone with my annoying repeat of all my HIM CDs.

So this morning, I was pretty much dreading going into work. Too many people, too much noise going on around me. The great thing about those head phones, I was able to tune everyone out. However, my music of choice for the first half of the day was Enigma. With my headache raging a war with my brain and my stomach, I needed something just a little bit more mellow for my poor noise sensitive ears. By lunch time, my headache was down to a low roar. Grabbed a bite to eat, popped a handful more of pills, I was good to go for the rest of the day.

After lunch it was back to my neverending playback of HIM, for the rest of the day. For the most part, I was pretty much left alone. My girl, "Heeyyy!", had some car troubles today, so she wasn't there for me to park my ass at her cubicle for part of the day bullshitting about this or that. Her boss keeps telling me he's gonna start charging me rent for her chair. It's not like I'm at her cubicle ALL the time. Well, okay, maybe enough for the rent to have a little bit of validation.

So today was a pretty productive day, at work anyway. I got caught up on a few things. Now I just have a half a million things left to catch up on. I passed on going to the gym after work. I was just too damned tired from not getting enough sleep last night and fighting that damned headache all day today. My brain is still a little numb from its recovery, so I had to pass on the continuation onto another ghost story. I need to give my partner in crime a call and see if I can't get her to send me a copy of one of the pictures she took of her house that she used to own in Weare, New Hampshire. The house that she lived in was haunted. This I actually experienced first hand when the ex Mr Love and I flew back there to move her ass back to California a few years ago. I didn't have my digital then, so all the pictures that I have all look like crap. But her house has a great story to it, and I will be mentioning it here soon.

Stay tuned...

No comments: