Saturday, October 08, 2005

The Download Festival @ Shoreline Amphitheater

Today is The Download Festival @ 12 noon. The main stage will be featuring The Killers, Modest Mouse, The Arcade Fire, Doves and British Sea Power. The second stage is featuring HIM, Mindless Self Indulgence, Nine Black Alps andThe Lovemakers. Can you guess who it is that I am going see? HIM, but of course! I have no idea who all the other bands are on the second stage, never heard of any of them. But HIM is headlining the second stage, and that is all I care about. The main stage? Oh I can care less about everyone on the main stage. I only bought lawn tickets since my main reason for going is only to see HIM. Yeah, I am weird like that. As soon as the second stage is finished I'm heading on out. I'm a little mystified as to why HIM is even on the Download Festival line up for the US. All the other bands that are playing fit within the same genre. HIM are the odd ones out.

Anyway, I'm taking my kid brother with me, he loves HIM too. I read that cameras are allowed inside, so I'm taking my digital with me along with an extra battery. Hopefully I can get some pretty good pictures and even record the live version of Under The Rose, that is if they include that song in their set. If I get any really good shots, you know I will post them later on tonight.

System Of A Down is also playing tonight @ 7pm at the Oakland Coliseum (I know they call it something else now, but it will always bee The Coliseum to me). I was thinking of maybe hitting them later on tonight. I caught them at OzzFest a few years ago and was totally impressed with them, and thought it was a great show. Sometimes it's just best to leave yourself with that one concert you know could never be topped. For me, it was their OzzFest show.

I guess HIM will have to be it for tonight. Hopefully their show will come off great, second stage sound set ups I have found always seem to lack what the main stage has. I'm hoping that HIM pulls it off today. If not, there is always their Boston show @ the Avalon in November!

No comments: