Saturday, October 15, 2005

The voyage of discovery is not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.

The plan for today is to drive into Pleasanton and visit Pleasanton Memorial Gardens Cemetery & St. Augustine's Catholic Cemetery. I've driven by both of these cemeteries so many times and have always wanted to stop. But I was either working at the time (when I used to deliver flowers) or on my way to somewhere and didn't really have the time to stop. So today is the day where I am going to take the time to visit both of these places.

The weather is not all that great today. It rained last night and looks like it will probably rain off and on today as well. Not one would choose as ideal weather to go and take pictures in. However I am looking forward to see how this shoot will turn out. I'm thinking this wet weather will add a nice texture and give these pictures just the right look.

I've got my batteries charging, which I really should have done last night. So I'm just waiting for them fully charge so I can take off. I really wish I had my digital SLR camera. You know, the one that I've been coveting for so long. It's not mine, yet. But I will own one soon, very soon. I've been looking around on e-Bay to see what kind of deals they have. I've seen some really good deals for the new Nikon D50's. There have been quite a few that I've seen that come with 2 or 3 Nikon lenses. However the D50's take Secure Digital (SD) memory cards. I want to get one that takes Compact Flash (CF) since my little Elph takes CF. But now I'm torn between getting a Sony Rebel model which is 8.0MP's (CF) as opposed to the Nikon D50 (SD) or D70 (CF) that are 6.1MP's. I just wish I knew a lot more of what all the technical aspects of the camera's so I could better choose the camera that would suit my needs. But I've heard so many good things about Nikon and their lenses. I need a How To Choose a Digital SLR Camera for Dummies book. Well, wha'daya know. Looky what I found, Digital Photography All-in-One Desk Reference for Dummies. That would come in quite handy right about now.

Hey, are there any photographers out there that can help me on my quest to a new digital SLR?? Please, tell me what your thoughts are and what make of camera and lenses you think are the best. I need all the help that I can get. Keep in mind that I'm mainly into outdoor photography that would like a wide angle lens, plus one for close ups and a nice zoom for shots I'm not able to get close enough to. Yet I would like to have a pretty standard everyday lens that is good for just point and shot stuff. I'm not asking for much am I! My gawd! Why can't I have a cheap hobby?!

Alrighty then. Second battery is on the charger. Time to get my arse in the shower and get my day started. The sun is starting to peak through the clouds. I need to hurry up and get my ass out there!

No comments: