Monday, October 10, 2005

A hundred hearts would be too few to carry all my love for you.



"...With the venomous kiss you gave me
I'm killing loneliness
With the warmth of your arms you saved me,
Oh, I'm killing loneliness with you..."


Have you ever had that one person in your life that loves you so unconditionally or that you love in return with the same unconditional love? I've been blessed with one such person. David. I've known him since I was 12 years old. I met him the summer of 1982, a month before my 13th birthday. He was my very fist boyfriend. And he knew right from the get go that he wasn't going to have sex with me. Which is why he ended up cheating on me with who knows how many girls. But, we have remained friends ever since. He has seen me through some very tough times. No matter how many times he moved and changed his phone number, all I had to do was think about him and within 24 hours he'd call me. Yeah, we had that kind of a connection, and we still do.

He is my male best friend, my one love that has always been there for me. And I for him. He is probably, no not probably, is the only man that knows me better than any of my boyfriends, girlfriend or ex-husband ever knew me. With him I'm not afraid to tell him my hopes and fears. And let me tell you, he knows all my fears, all my demons, and all of my weaknesses. My Wenchy is about the only other person who knows just as much about me a David does. I don't share that with many. That is still a little bit of the residual left over from my childhood. I'm still working on that. I still have that one demon who reminds me that he is still there and not completely forgotten. Yet, with David I can tell him anything, and boy do I mean anything! Oh yeah, you've gotten an earful a lot haven't you!? He can always put a smile on my face, just like right now.

He and I have seen each other through a lot. I was there for him when he was going through one of the toughest times in his life. I don't think David knows just how proud I am of him for all that he has done. He might feel like he has let himself down this past year, but I am still proud of him nonetheless. I hope he never forgets that. Dude,
I love you! In all seriousness, I love you, David. You know that I am always here for you.

No comments: